20100125

A SERIOUSLY ABSURDLY HUGE UPDATE REGARDING ALL THINGS GILEAD MEDIA

I know I have been really bad about updating people on Gilead goings-on in the last month or so. I won't apologize, because that would be based on the assumption that people have noticed or cared, and I dare not tread that ground.

Even though a large number of individuals have been overwhelmingly supportive throughout the life of the label thus far (individuals in which I extend copious amounts of gratitude) I still feel like Gilead is a very selfish venture and one that's run out of a desire for self-gratification more than anything else. I'm sure this is all solely in my head, but it's something I consider. But I do indeed digress, there has been so much happening around the label & life in general that it's been hard to keep up and get it all down on paper, not to mention into the timeless archives of the internet. Hopefully this blog update/forum post/email (depending on the medium by which I've managed to assault you) will get us caught up, somewhat. I know I will remember something I had forgotten the moment I get this posted/sent.

I as going to abandon this Table of Contents type format, but there's so much to go over that I need it just to keep track

I. THOU/LEECH SPLIT LP ARRIVAL & SHIPPING!
II. DISTRO STUFFS: NEW ITEMS, RESTOCKS
III. VARIOUS FUN PRESS - KRALLICE, THOU, GILEAD MEDIA



Away we go...


I. THOU/LEECH SPLIT LP ARRIVAL & SHIPPING!
It took me a good week or so, but I finally got all of the Thou/Leech "We Pass Like Night, From Land to Land" Split LPs assembled, packed and shipped. If you order then your package should ship within a couple days. Trying to stay on top of it now that I'm caught up! Check out the photos below for some half-assed documentation of the process. Including a failed screen printing job (but fun photo lining up the screen!).


I got word that the records would be shipping out about 1-2 weeks earlier than I had expected them to, so I really needed to get to work screen printing all the bonus goodies. That's 750 patches, 750 posters and 2000 obi strips (for the Tyrant CDs). So long life!


I got all excited to print these Obi Strips for the Tyrant CDs on the ream of vellum paper I had stashed away in my desk for like 4 years, and then first two prints totally curled over due to the fact that the paper was much too lightweight. Life. Anyway, now they're being litho printed and should be done this week. All band copies and future Gilead copies will have the Obi Strip. At least I got this photo out of it all, although I wasted a good half-hour on set up and such.


Jammed out this coffee and got to work. This is the only reason I got all the posters done.




So a good four solid hours later, with a lot of help from my brother as my print stacker, we have all 800 posters printed. A few extra over run to cover for any crappy prints I may find. That entire Domtar box is full of posters in addition to the stock on top of it. The second photo is a close up of the black on black print from the first photo. Those posters were all in copies of the records that went to the bands, about 90 total. Except for the 1 copy I kept for myself.



I ended up finishing all the screen printing just in time (except I still need to print about half the patches, but those are easy to insert later). The pallets in this photo include: Tyrant CD jackets - 1500 misprinted gatefolds, Tyrant CD jackets - 2000 corrected gatefolds, 750ish finished copies of "We Pass Like Night, From Land to Land" split LPs, and 250ish extra jackets. 1,276 lbs of freight. Luckily it was about 30 degrees this day, so I could load everything into the house without freezing.



And finally, 1,276 lbs later. I think Cory from Halo of Flies called this my "artfully crafted" photo, but I can't recall.




Now that we have all of the components it's finally time to start my favorite part: assembly! That's a lie, I kind of hate doing this. It's fun when friends come over and we make a food party out of it like we did with the Frodus 2LPs. Unfortunately, this time around everyone was busy. So it was just me, the records and Lord of the Rings bonus features for a couple days.



Many near paper-cuts later. Thanks to my wife for folding a good chunk of the posters prior to assembly. Saved so much backache for me.



After a day or so off from cramming records I'm back at it & ready to pack up all pre-orders. First and foremost I absolutely must give some attention to cute little fluffy friends. I'm not pulling on her ears, she just loves ear rubs. Bernardo Bun is a jealous little man.



Quite late (early?) and the vast majority of the mailorder is all packed up. Sleep, print labels, post office in the morn! Of course as soon as I get there I find the Clone Vol II replacements have arrived at the PO Box, after I shipped a portion of the orders for people that were waiting on those. COOL.

Anyway, that's about that. I hope you enjoyed the photo journey through the assembly and such. If nothing else I like making these so I can remember why it's always better to screen print this crap early and send it to the plant for assembly PRIOR to shipping... something I fail at everytime.




II. DISTRO STUFFS: NEW ITEMS, RESTOCKS
In addition to the Thou/Leech LPs available now I've had a large amount of "distro" items/trades that I've been neglecting to post in the store. Well, neglect no more! I posted all those jams today and they are as follows, in alphabetical order. Head on over to the Gilead Store to order up on these records and make space on my storage rack in the basement! - http://www.gileadmedia.net/store. I have links in almost all of the product page descriptions so you can hear the bands, too (+another cute picture of Maisy on her cottontail cottage)!

NEW ITEMS (TO GILEAD)
ALGERNON CADWALLADER "FUN" 7"+CD - PROTAGONIST RECORDS - $5.00 (Clear Vinyl)
CALL ME LIGHTNING - SOFT SKELETONS LP - FORGE AGAIN - $9.00 (Clear w/Blue Smoke Vinyl)
CHILD BITE/THIS MOMENT IN BLACK HISTORY - SPLIT 7" - FORGE AGAIN - $5.00 (Blue vinyl)
DANGERS - DANGERS CD - VITIROL - $8.00
DECIBULLY - WORLD TRAVELS FAST 2LP+CD - LISTENING PARTY - $18.00
ELDER - REFLECT LP+CD - FORGE AGAIN - $10.00 (Gold w/Black Smoke Vinyl)
ELDER - ELDER 10"+CD - FORGE AGAIN - $9.00
FATHER PHOENIX - LARGE BODIES LP+CD - FORGE AGAIN - $9.00
FELL VOICES - FELL VOICES LP - HUMAN RESOURCES - $10.00
GHOSTLIMB - BEARING & DISTANCE GATEFOLD LP - ADAGIO830 - $10.00 (Solid Red Vinyl)
GRAF ORLOCK - DESTINATION TIME: TODAY GATEFOLD LP - VITRIOL - $12.00
GRAF ORLOCK/GREYSKULL SPLIT 12" - DOOD RECORDS - $8.00
HEWHOCORRUPTS - DISCOGRAPHER CD - FORGE AGAIN - $7.00
ROBOTOSAURUS - MANHUNTER 10" - VITRIOL - $10.00


BACK IN STOCK
NORTHLESS - NO QUARTER FOR THE DAMAGED LP+CD - HALO OF FLIES - $9.00
THOU/HAARP SPLIT 7" - MIRROR UNIVERSE - $5.00 (Red Vinyl)
THOU/SALOME - OUR ENEMY CIVILIZATION LP - VENDETTA - $14.00
VARIOUS ARTISTS - CLONE VOL II LP - BLIND DATE - $25.00

Order some fun vinyl, and a couple CDs if it moves ya - http://www.gileadmedia.net/store



III. VARIOUS FUN PRESS
There's a few things I've stumbled across this week, just some small tidbits, but some of it is pretty fun.

GILEAD IN GENERAL
- My old friend Christopher runs a great tape label called Sacred Tapes. He also has a blog called Sacred Text. We've been through a lot together as friends and people and I'm honored we can still call each other friend after many years. I've known him longer than most people I talk to in life. Chris recently did a series of reviews on Thou releases, and said some pretty nice words about me in one of them. Check it out - http://sacred-texttt.blogspot.com/2010/01/thou-introspective-v3.html

- I was one of a large number of music "industry" peoples approached by Reckless records to submit my 2009 top 10 for their "Friends of Reckless" year-end best of lists, fun times - http://www.reckless.com/news.php?newsid=289


KRALLICE
- For those comic nerds out there, check out the newish book ANCHOR published by Boom Studios. In each issue the writer and artist offer up "suggested listening" titles, and this month (issue #4) artist Brian Churilla selected Dimensional Bleedthrough! http://www.brianchurilla.com/ - Really cool book!

- Brooklynvegan.com posted this live review of a recent Krallice show - http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2010/01/krallice_crucif.html


THOU
- Decibel Magazine ran an "Up Front" feature last month on Thou with some words by vocalist Bryan Funck and Guitarist Andy Gibbs - http://decibelmagazine.com/Content.aspx?ncid=353106

- Metalsucks.net posted a small blurb on "Albums that will F**k your face off in 2010" and selected Thou's upcoming record, SUMMIT as just that album. - metalsucks.net



Holy crap, I can't believe I got through all of that. Only took me about an hour and a half to write it all up, too. Not bad!
There's a million other things going on right now between Arms Aloft, Get Rad and Krallice releases, so I'll be sure to get in touch when there is some fun news to report on any/all of those. And do check out that Fell Voices LP, it's really quite good.

Until next time, thanks for plowing through this! You're all little gems in my life.
-Adam/Gilead
http://www.gileadmedia.net

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That looks like a ton of effort went in to it! I'm currently in Japan, but can't wait to get back and enjoy that Thou/Leech Split, and the other couple releases from Gilead that I received while I've been away.

    Appreciate your dedication!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete