20101120

SO IT GOES

Things with the label have been on the back burner over the past month or so, which probably isn't really a good thing considering how much mailorder there's been and how many releases I'm supposed to be working on.

Last week I spent everyday after work finishing up a feature-length screenplay with my pal John. We wrote until at least midnight every night after working full days, which made for a very long week. But, luckily for us, there was an immense amount of Rishi Tea to drink and fuel our writing. We're working on editing the first draft next week after getting some feedback from friends, but overall we're very happy with how it turned out and we've been receiving generally outstanding feedback. The film is going to be called Dead Weight, and we're shooting in April 2011.

In addition to all that writing, I've also leveled up at screen printing. I'm now the main printer at work, and clocking in a solid forty hours a week, as opposed to being the part-time guy. It's safe to say that I'm fairly excited about this development, as screen printing is one of the few jobs I've held in recent memory that hasn't driven me absolutely insane, the first job I've ever really loved aside from working at a record store. But we all know you can't pay the bills by hucking records at people in a small college town, so it goes. If that was the case then I'd still be working for The Exclusive Company in downtown Oshkosh, WI.

So there's that. In an hour or so I'll be making my way down to a local "urban craft fair" in town called Handmade For The Holidays. My companion, Cari, was accepted as a vendor and will be selling her adorable hand-made catnip toys alongside some other cutesy crafts she has concocted over the past few weeks since her slot was confirmed. It's sure to be a great time, with some great arts and crafts.

Over the coming weeks I'm hoping to focus some more on the label. I really need to finish delivering the components for the Northless layout, send that and the Fell Voices LP master audio off to be cut and plated and start working on promoting the crap out of those albums.

Ahh yes, and the reading. I've been dedicated to setting aside time during my lunch at work each day to read, as I've developed an overwhelming stack of un-read new books. I've decided to crank through Since I seem to have amassed a sizable collection of his novels and short stories. It's been a great ride thus far. I finished UBIK and The Man In The High Castle, and I'm currently in the middle of Lies, INC, which I'm actually not all that into as of yet. Next up on the docket: Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said.

No comments:

Post a Comment