20091201

Get Rad "I Can Always Live" CD/LP, Krallice news, Many freakin' Thou releases for sale!

We're finally ready to start selling some Thou releases, some new, some sorta new, some made re-newed, and some I wish I could sellbut I can't just yet. But before we get down to that, I have some really freakin' exciting news to report...




GET RAD TO RELEASE "I CAN ALWAYS LIVE" CD/LP WITH GILEAD MEDIA & HYPERREALIST!


You know, I've been a huge fanboy for everything Dave Rudnik (Bass - Get Rad, other stuff in Seven Days of Samsara, High on Crime, Kungfu Rick, and a ton of other righteous bands) since I started getting into hardcore. In addition, I was always a huge Since by Man fan (Kevin, vocals for Get Rad played guitar for SBM). So naturally when I first heard about Get Rad I was really excited to see what it was all about. I was never let down. Every release reveals more and more how much can be awesome and righteous in hardcore. Get Rad are about as good as it gets. And this past weekend's Hunger Task Force benefit show in Milwaukee is as good as evidence as anyone could've asked for. It was easily the most fun I've had at a hardcore show in years, possibly ever. I can't even describe how great it felt to see 4 really talented local bands, a packed venue full of kids having fun, and all headlined by Get Rad.

Anyway, I ramble. When Dave proposed the idea of Gilead working with Hyperrealist to release the new Get Rad full length, I Can Always Live, how the hell could I possibly even say no to that. There was no decision to be made, quite frankly. It had to happen. Not only because of my aforementioned love for the band, but because I've come to find a great friend in Pat who runs Hyperrealist, and I've really just been looking for a good reason to work on a record with him. Just perfect.

So, in early 2010 we will present what I really strongly feel is one of the best hardcore records I've heard in years. Get Rad capture an energy and excitement that I've come to think was lost in hardcore. I am elated to be involved in the process of releasing the record.

"I Can Always Live" will be presented in CD and Gatefold LP format. Get stoked, stay rad.




KRALLICE "DIMENSIONAL BLEEDTHROUGH" 2XLP PROGRESS

A couple days ago Nick (bass/vocals - Krallice) sent me this fun little photograph showing the progress they're making re-creating the original art for "Dimensional Bleedthrough" to fit the gatefold jacket. I'm really excited to see this all finished up and spread across the outside of a gatefold. I just thought it would be fun to pass along this photo for your viewing pleasure. As Nick agreed, it's cool for people to see the process.

I have the audio master here, and everything should be ready to begin production over the next couple weeks. As things with the art come to a close. Get excited!




NEW ITEMS
The Thou/Leech Split Lp still isn't ready. I haven't approved test pressings and I dislike pre-orders enough as it is, let alone when tests haven't been approved. Sorry for the delay, it will probably be a couple weeks yet on those.

But there are lots of other goodies that are all set, away we go!



VARIOUS ARTISTS - CLONE VOL II LP - $25.00
BUY - http://gileadmedia.net/store/product_info.php?products_id=100
I know these seem sort of pricey, but they'd be even more if you ordered them individually from Blind Date. These should arrive here over the next couple days from Europe, so any orders shouldn't seen an abnormal delay in shipping.

Here is all the info from Blind Date Records
Line-up volume II.
*Moloch - lighnting strikes twice (Rorschach)
*On Pain of Death - troops of doom (Sepultura)
*Golden Gorilla - absentee debate (Unbroken)
*Aguirre - like weeds (His Hero is Gone)
*Loss - the fog (Goatlord)
*Thou - well fed fuck (Born Against)
*Shadow of the Torturer - judgement of the dead (Pagan Altar)
*Hey Colossus - institutionalized (Suicidal Tendencies)

Facts:
400 copies in 185g black vinyl
200 copies in 190g solid dark blue vinyl
embossed cover incl. stamped oval diecut
full colored 12" sized inlay
12-paged 9"-sized booklet
black innersleeve
Artwork: scrawled design
Total mayhem of 43:28 minutes.
Embossed cover incl. stamped oval diecut,12 paged 9"-sized booklet, leaflet etc.
Artwork: scrawled design



THOU/HAARP SPLIT 7" - $5.00
BUY/LISTEN - http://gileadmedia.net/store/product_info.php?products_id=93
Two outstanding New Orleans bands face of on this epic split 7". Thou present their track "Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos," which is one of their much slower/sludgier songs, but contains what may be one of my favorite riffs they've written.

Haarp bring us some intense sludgy metal. I hadn't heard much of them before, but great songs, indeed. If you're a fan of Thou then you're likely to enjoy Haarp. They are different, but great sludge riffage is common to both bands




THOU/MOHORAM ATTA SPLIT LP - $11.00
BUY/LISTEN - http://gileadmedia.net/store/product_info.php?products_id=91
Released by Halo of Flies & Feast of Tentacles, this split contains 4 songs from Thou, including their Minor Threat cover "Screamin' at a Wall." If you haven't heard their cover of this song, it rules.

The split side of the record brings us Mohoram Atta, whom I hadn't heard before, but are fairly awesome. A great mix between fast, thrashy pissed off hardcore and sludging riffage. They site His Hero is Gone, Cursed and "Fuckin Black Metal" amongst their influences, that about sums it up. Jam this record!



THOU - TYRANT CD (REPRESS) - $8.00
BUY/LISTEN - http://gileadmedia.net/store/product_info.php?products_id=32
THESE ARE NOT IN-HOUSE YET, BUT SHOULD ARRIVE OVER THE NEXT WEEK. IF YOU ORDER ANY OF THE OTHER LIMITED QUANTITY ITEMS WE HAVE AVAILABLE ALONGSIDE THIS CD THEN YOUR ENTIRE ORDER WILL BE HELD UNTIL EVERYTHING CAN SHIP TOGETHER!

"Tyrant" is the astonishing debut album from New Orleans doom/sludge songsmiths, Thou. While retaining an incredible sense of melodic & dynamic songwriting, Thou have unleashed one of the heaviest and darkest albums to be unveiled during the recent influx of doom & sludge. Powerful lyrics delivered with scathing vocals seal the deal, Thou have proven their value in a time when slow & heavy bands are a dime a dozen. This is only the beginning.




THOU - TYRANT LP - $12.00
BUY/LISTEN - http://gileadmedia.net/store/product_info.php?products_id=89
THESE ARE NOT QUITE HERE YET, BUT SHOULD BE WITHIN A WEEK. IF YOU ORDER THIS LP YOUR ENTIRE ORDER WILL WAIT FOR IT TO SHOW UP. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL BAD SINCE QUANTITIES ARE LIMITED ON THE MORE RARE STUFF FOR SALE!

"Tyrant" is the astonishing debut album from New Orleans doom/sludge songsmiths, Thou. While retaining an incredible sense of melodic & dynamic songwriting, Thou have unleashed one of the heaviest and darkest albums to be unveiled during the recent influx of doom & sludge. Powerful lyrics delivered with scathing vocals seal the deal, Thou have proven their value in a time when slow & heavy bands are a dime a dozen. This is only the beginning.
All copies on black vinyl!





LAST UPDATES NEWBIES
Don't forget about these goodies, we still have some!


HERDS - HERDS LP+DIGITAL DOWNLOAD - $10.50
BUY - http://gileadmedia.net/store/product_info.php?products_id=92


THE MERCURY PROGRAM - CHEZ VIKING LP - $12.00
BUY - http://gileadmedia.net/store/product_info.php?products_id=94



LP JACKET NOTEBOOKS - $10.00
BUY - http://gileadmedia.net/store/product_info.php?products_id=95



NORTH - RUINS LP+CD - $11.50
BUY - http://gileadmedia.net/store/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=96


NORTH - WHAT YOU WERE CD - $7.00
BUY http://gileadmedia.net/store/product_info.php?products_id=97



GIANTS - OLD STORIES CD - $7.00
BUY - http://gileadmedia.net/store/product_info.php?products_id=98


NANDA DEVI - THE FIFTH SEASON CD - $6.00
BUY - http://gileadmedia.net/store/product_info.php?products_id=99





STUFF I THOUGHT WAS OUT OF PRINT
So in the last update I listed stuff that was out of print/low stock. Well, it turned out, my distributor still has copies of the Cancer conspiracy LP (White vinyl) and the Indricothere LP (Seafoam Green vinyl)!
Huzzah! I love those two records a whole lot and was sad I wouldn't have them available anymore. Surprise!


THE CANCER CONSPIRACY - OMEGA LP (WHITE VINYL ONLY) BACK IN STOCK! - $7.50
http://gileadmedia.net/store/product_info.php?products_id=33


INDRICOTHERE - INDRICOTHERE LP+CD (GREEN VINYL ONLY) BACK IN STOCK! - $9.00
http://gileadmedia.net/store/product_info.php?products_id=28




HEY LOOK, I WROTE STUFF


Along with some other local horror enthusiasts I assist in running a little part-time website called Oshkoshhorror.com. We mainly host a monthly free horror movie we call "House of Horrors" at the local comic book shop known as House of Heroes. But occasionally we force our opinions on people through movie reviews, and organize other fun events like this past years first annual zombie walk.

I finally got around to writing my first couple reviews. I'm no professional writer, but I think they turned out pretty good, check em out. And if you're interested in joining in on some horror-culture related conversation, then feel free to join our forum. Even though it's very Wisconsin-centric, we'd love to have some other individuals join in our discussions.

Oshkoshhorror.com reviews
I wrote a review for Left 4 Dead 2 for PC, and a review for the English and Spanish versions of Dracula that were filmed simultaneously in 1931. Enjoy!




That's all I have for this week. Let me know if you have questions on any records, and keep your eyes/ears peeled for more information on coming records soon!
-Adam/Gilead
eld@gileadmedia.net

No comments:

Post a Comment